Be Intentional
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be Intentional

Discussion about the ideas of servant leadership, being intentional, and using love as a verb.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Mapa Navteq Q3 2013 Brasil Torrent
I thought I'd share EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:03 pm by wadcha

I thought I'd share EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 2:39 am by wadcha

I thought I'd share EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 3:36 pm by wadcha

» Yapoos Market 84torrent
I thought I'd share EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 8:40 pm by wadcha

» Yapoos Market 84torrent
I thought I'd share EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 pm by wadcha

I thought I'd share EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 6:35 pm by wadcha

» [090904] []
I thought I'd share EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:57 pm by wadcha

» {windows 8,7 Activator All In One For Both 32 And 64 Bit}
I thought I'd share EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 6:26 am by wadcha

» Tinseltown Dreams The 50's
I thought I'd share EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:11 pm by wadcha

Forum
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

I thought I'd share

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordan O

Jordan O

I thought I'd share Empty
PostSubject: I thought I'd share   I thought I'd share EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 am

This is something I wrote when I got back from camp, to tell all my friends what the experience was like; kind of like what Taylor did..
Just thought I'd share. Smile

"I was reluctant to go to Mt. Adams leadership camp, as some of you know. I was dreading the day where I'd have to leave my cell phone, my computer, and my zune behind to be shipped six hours away and put into a cabin with 23 other guys i did not know. It was all worth it.

Imagine the perfect world, or the perfect school. Every person around is willing to help you with whatever you need. Every person around is willing to hug you when you need it, be your shoulder when you need to cry. You could wave, shake hands with, or hug every person around, and they would do the same right back to you with matching sincerity and love. You could be crazy around anyone, and they wouldn't judge you. You could wear whatever you wanted to wear, or do whatever you wanted to do, and they would love you just the same.

The main theme of camp was love. You may not like every person, but you have to love them. Love is not something you feel, it's something you do. You have to love everyone, even of you don't feel like.

At camp, I learned how to be a good leader and class president, how to run meetings, how to plan effective assemblies, all of that good technical stuff. But I learned so much more.
First, and probably the most important thing, I learned so much about some of my fellow schoolmates. The 12 of us from Oak Harbor grew so much together, and we got so close as a group. It's really going to help our school next year, the fact that we all know we have each other's back, and the fact that we've learned the same things and want to share that with the whole school. Sure, everyone says, on't judge a book by it's cover,' but I learned the meaning of that from the girls. Every person has a story; every person is the way they are because of something, and you shouldn't even consider thinking of them in any different way until you know the whole story.

Here's something you might or might not know about me: I am very self conscious. At camp, I rarely looked in the mirror. The only time I did was when I was brushing my teeth or something. I didn't notice this until one of the last days when I actually did look in the mirror. I felt so comfortable with myself and the people around me that I didn't care about how I looked; I knew the people around me were going to appreciate me for who I was, and not how I looked or anything. That's a great feeling, trust me.

So here's where it gets hard. Mt. Adams was an incredible place, yes. But it's my duty, and the everone else's duty, to make our school just like Mt. Adams. You may not have went, but I'm sure, if you're around any of the 12 of us that went, you'll notice something different. That something different, is the something that we need to bring to the school. It's going to take a while, and it won't be easy, but it's simple. Something John Norlin told us: It's simple, yes. but not easy.

Every waterfall starts with one drop.
The smallest thing you can do can affect someone in the biggest way. For instance, the nasty look you gave someone walking down the hall may be the one thing keeping that person from expressing their ideas and changing the world. However, the smile and wave and 'How's it going' you gave to the same person could be the one thing that pushes that person to speak up, and changing the world.
So it's up to you, to break out of your comfort zone, and say 'hi' to someone you've always seen, but never spoken to.
Personally, I want to work on letting the people I appreciate know how much I appreciate them. I'm going to try to compliment more people every day.
And I challenge everyone who read this whole thing, to do the same. Make a goal for yourself. You can change the world. I know I'm going to. "
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/j0kmc
taylorcollins

taylorcollins

PostSubject: :D   I thought I'd share EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 12:18 am

Gooo Jordan.
Perfectly said.
I wish I could write like you also.
I know what i want to say just can not write it.
buuut
I miss our perfect world.

We'll change the world so it is like Mt Adams.
I love you
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/rocknbep
Houston
Admin
Houston

PostSubject: Re: I thought I'd share   I thought I'd share EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Jordan, that is very well said. I think "its simple, but not easy" is the most difficult part of Mt. Adams to understand. The ideas we share there about love and the way people act are actually very very simple - everyone wants to give and receive love. It all comes down to that. The hard part is that not everyone understands what it feels like or looks like to be loved, so when you bring it back to school and your life, people struggle to accept it and/or pass it on. That is where consistency comes in - if you are consistent, then people trust you and know you are genuine. And once someone is the recipient of what they understand to be genuine love and kindness, it truly can change lives. So keep doing the little things - everyday - and you will get to see big changes in your life and in others.

Keep passing the flame.

Lots of Love,

Houston
Back to top Go down
http://OurKindness.com
corib91

corib91

PostSubject: Re: I thought I'd share   I thought I'd share EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:20 am

Jordan your truly amazing!
You've have a huge heart and I know
that your intentions to make OHHS a better
school come from the deepest part of you.
And I am so here to help you and back that
up. We can make it our perfect world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I thought I'd share   I thought I'd share Empty

Back to top Go down

I thought I'd share
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Be Intentional :: Keeping In Touch :: Sharing Ideas-
Jump to: